There are many types of rehab therapies, including neurological rehabilitation
There are many types of rehab therapies that you may need with certain neurological diagnoses or injuries to the nervous system. If you have experienced an injury to the nervous system, then your doctor or neurologist has likely referred you to a neurological rehabilitation specialist or clinic. Once you have been referred to a clinic, then you can make an appointment for an assessment in order to see which types of rehab therapies that you may need. If you are unsure of what you are looking for and haven't met with a neurologist yet, then you can also make an appointment with a neurological clinic so that they can help you determine the right therapies for your needs.
There are a variety of rehab therapies that you may need. Listed here are several of the types of rehab therapies that you may need to participate in order to regain full or partial mobility:
1. Occupational therapy. One type of therapy that you may need is occupational therapy. This is a type of neuro therapy that can help to assess and recover any daily living skills needed after a neurological diagnosis or injury. This can include daily life skills as well as work skills.
2. Speech therapy. Speech therapy is a type of therapy that works with speech disorders and can help with any speech disorders caused by a neurological disorder or diagnosis. This can include slurring of speech or difficulty communicating after a neurological problem, such as a stroke. Speech therapists can also help with speech impediments and stuttering, among many other things.
3. Neurological therapy. This is a specialized type of brain therapy that can help to restore your brain function after an injury to the brain or the nervous system.
4. Physical therapy. Physical therapy is another type of therapy that works to help you regain mobility and movement after a neurological injury or diagnosis. Physical therapists work with a variety of methods including stretches, exercises, massage therapy, and more.
5. Massage therapy. Massage therapy is a type of therapy that works to relieve stress and to help loosen tight muscles after an injury. You may need massage therapy from a massage therapist who specializes in neurological disorders and injuries. You will want to make sure that they are qualified to help you with your particular case and that it is approved by your doctor.
As you can see, these were some of the main types of therapies that you may need after a neurological diagnosis or injury. If you are considering finding a specialist in any of these fields, then you may want to consider going to a clinic that offers all types of therapies. This way, they can provide an assessment of your situation and help you find the right neuro rehab needs for your particular case.
There are many ways to find the right clinic for your needs. You can look online. You can also ask for a referral from your current doctor or neurologist. If you are located in Colorado, then you can contact the trusted experts over at Colorado Neurological Institute. They can help you find the right therapists for your particular case.